Tuesday, September 2, 2014

MTC -- well Sort of...

August 27th.... D-Day.  This is 45 minutes before reporting to the MTC.  The following is Matt's first letter to us after going into the mission field:


Hey Dad.

First of all, Happy Birthday! I am having a good time here, but i am looking forward to getting out into the actual field. Here there are so many rules and all i do all day is study. I study Spanish, all day everyday. I am grasping the language, and can give all discussions in spanish. I know that i need to be in Buenos Aires, especially because i am picking up the language so fast. 

I sent mom a schedule of my day, and don't have much time to write, so i will let you look on hers if that's alright. Thanks for figuring out what i need to do to get my credits! I will be careful in Buenos Aires. I'm a smart kid, and i will be just fine. The lord will watch over me, and keep me safe from all harm. I don't like the MTC at all, and can't wait until I'm out in the field, actually effecting people and there salvation. 

Dad, I love you and I know you are working hard. Thanks for paying for this for me, its really going to help turn me into the man i need and want to be. I will send you a letter next week with any updates, but theres not much going on here. Do me a favor, and read 3rd Nephi 11 for me. IT is Christ coming to the Nephites, and he outlines all we need for salvation. 

Love you dad,

Elder Matthew Jensen










No comments:

Post a Comment