Monday, April 13, 2015

Esta Semana (This week) -- Email from 13 April 2015




This week was good.   It had its ups and downs but in the end it was really good.  We have been working really hard and trying to be obedient and happy.  Actually, this is the fastest transfer I have had in the mission yet.  We are headed into week four and I can’t even believe it.  We have transfers on the 5th of May, and hopefully we can baptize a couple more before then.  Also, I really would like to stay in my area.  I don't want to leave my little villa haha.  I want one more transfer here before I have to go to another area.  I hope that elder Gabriaguez and I get another transfer together because we get along great and we are doing good work.

Yesica, her 3 year old, Elder Gabriaguez and me.
As for this week we were working really hard to find new families and meet new people and we were also working with Brian, Jose, and Yesica.  The day of Sunday they were all going to get baptized together but Jose had to go out of town so we rescheduled for the next week.  Then, Brian got cold feet and didn't want to baptize and then we convinced him again, but his mom called when we were changing to our white clothes and told us that she doesn't want him baptized even though we talked to her 2 days before and she said that she would support him.  It’s crazy to see the things that Satan does to keep people from making the best decision of their lives or baptism.  But Yesica was baptized!  She is 18 and the older sister of Brian.  She was so excited for her baptism.  Also she has a kid that's 3.  Here is a picture of all of us!   Next week Jose should get baptized.  All is going well here. 

Me and Elder Gabriaguez
As for the weather, some days are hot and some days are cool but most days it’s mixed.   
I started eating a little more (dinner every night), and it’s been going good.  I got your money and the money from grandma.  In like three more weeks it would be awesome if you could send more haha.  The exchange rate is double if I have the dollar in hand.  I started eating dinners ever night so that is where the money is going.  I can trade the 50 for 670 pesos and it’s like 60 pesos for 3 pounds of chicken breast.  Ever week I spend like 200 pesos on food but the mission covers most of it when they send me 1100 pesos every month.   

We have transfers in two weeks and hopefully I get to stay in this area again. 




Love you all
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment