Monday, December 1, 2014

Two Letters - Email from 12/1/14



Hey mom,

Thanks for writing me! I appreciate it! I wasn't as homesick as I was last week so that is good. We are doing good here. Still searching hard for that family that needs the gospel in there lives. I hope we find them soon, or we might not baptize in this transfer. But whatever happens will happen. I have decided that I am going to be here for two years so I might as well be happy with just working as hard as I can, because that is all I can do.
We have fasted twice this week, Sunday and Tuesday, and next Sunday. We are going to try to use the power of fasting and prayer to help us see success in this area. Its going to take a miracle if we can find anyone who wants to get baptized this month, so we are going to be fasting frequently to get one. I excited to see who we find and what blessings we can receive through the power of fasting.
See dads letter (below this one), it has some information about an investigator who is named Eric if you want some info.
Have a good time this holiday season!  I love you and will write you next week. And thanks for the iPod! That thing is sweet, and I'm going to use it a bunch over the next two years. I especially like the John Bytheway talks. 

Love you mom,
Elder Jensen


*****************************************


Dad,

Thanks for your support!  I really appreciate the letter.  Its a good one and I will have to look back and read it when I am feeling down from now on.  It's hard to stay positive sometimes but I need to work on it a little more.
I need to look for more opportunities to help people. For the last couple of weeks we have been working with a kid named Eric. He has had a lot of problems in the past with drugs, and desperately needs to get clean or his life is going to go downhill fast.  He loves when we come and talk with him about the gospel and is changing very slowly. At first he didn't want anything to do with the gospel and liked to talk with us but this last week he told us that he really needed to go to church to make his life better.  He slept in this last week, but maybe this next week he will come. The leaders here want us to drop people who don't show initiative to get baptized fast.  I understand this, but its kinda hard sometimes. I feel like we should work with everyone we can, and try to help everyone, not just people who are super prepared to get baptized right now.  The leaders want us to drop him, and keep searching for people who are prepared to get baptized, but I don't feel good about dropping a child of God who is searching for light.
I hope that everything is going well for you!  Jeff is Awesome!  Tell him I said "Hey" and that he is the man! Give him a Book of Mormon with your testimony written in it or something! haha   But tell him I said that he is the harder worker out of the two of u, and that maybe one day I can work as hard as him!
Love you dad.
This week maybe we can get a person to church!
Elder Matthew Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment