Monday, November 24, 2014

Homesick (tough week) -- Email from 11/24/14



Hey.
Thanks for the pictures. Our family pictures look great! 
I just got mom's email.  I hope she feels better!  How did she get bronchitis? 
Tell her that I know being on a mission is tough on her.  I miss everyone, so that feeling is mutual.  I have been incredibly homesick this week.  Like painfully homesick.  The mission is good, but so hard.  So much hard work, and so little results. We have been working incredibly hard here for the last six weeks and haven't even gotten anyone to church.  We teach a lot of lessons a week, and are working as hard as we can, but nothing is seeming to work here in Pacheco.  I don't know if I can continue with this for two years.  It is a real test of faith -- kind of have to ask where is God and why is he leaving us alone in Pacheco?  I often wonder what I am even doing here right now.  I speak broken Spanish with an American accent so think that people can't understand me.
I love the mission, but this is going to be the hardest two years of my life for sure.  I am going to give this mission my best effort.
On a brighter note, I hope the eagles win the super bowl this year.  I am going to be mad if they win the one year that i can't watch them :(
Hopefully next week is better!

Love you Dad.
Elder Matthew Jensen



No comments:

Post a Comment