Monday, March 30, 2015

First week with the New Companion -- Email from 30 March 2015



This week was pretty good week! We worked hard this week and have a couple of investigators progressing. We should have at least one baptism this next week of general conference. We are working with a couple families right now, and we have a couple people with baptismal dates Named Brian, Jose, Sergio, and Yesica. I don't want to get my hopes up to high but i think that we will have a transfer with a lot of success. 

My companion is the man. He is really good at talking to people and relating to them, so I am going to learn a lot about listening this transfer.  For mom, We live in an apartment that is alright. It's not super good but its not the worst place that I have seen in the mission. The ward here is super awesome. We have about 200 members that are attending regularly. The problem here is that there are no leaders. There are not enough Melchizedek priesthood, constantly people are expecting us, as the missionaries to do home teaching. It's a little frustrating at times that the ward expects so much from us that is outside our calling but its alright. 

Other than that there isn't much that is going on here. Were working hard, and having fun and the time is flying by. It doesn't feel like I have been out for 8 months yet. I'm trying not to count the time and just focus on baptizing.

Love you all.
Elder Jensen



UPDATE:  Matt sent this to his mother so I am posting it today:
Also, Elder Hicks was my zone leader for my first three transfers in the mission. The truth is that i have never seen another elder who can show more love for people than him. We did divisions my first halloween here. He is the man.

Also here are some pictures of my apartment.  (Apparently he wanted to show her how clean it is). 


No comments:

Post a Comment