Monday, October 12, 2015

Focusing on What Matters -- Email from 12 October 2015

Hey mom,
 
Thanks for the email. I really liked it. I need to see pictures of the hotel and of the cowboy boots that you have now. I will be headed to my 4th area. I'm one of the seasoned missionaries. Elder Moura is going to train! And also Elder Santos is going to train. At this point in the mission i am one of the oldest missionaries in the zone. My shoes are holding up good. I still have two pairs to use afterwards too. I can't believe that we are already in the end of October. I bring my Laundry to the house of a sister that is member and she washes it and folds it. I go to the houses of members everyday and they cook the best food that they can for us. The members are awesome and I love them so much. I'm going to be sad when I go, but its about time that I am headed to a new area. 

Sorry to hear about your friend! I know that many people are starting to get bothered about that today. There is a publication of the diary of Joseph and he talks a lot about things that really the world isn't ready for. But I learned that in the end of his time as prophet he was accused by many people of being a fallen prophet. I don't believe it, but it could have happened. I'm not interested to know if he was a fallen prophet or not, because really all that matters for us is if he restored the Priesthood and the Church of Jesus Christ to the earth. Which I know he did. So for me, even if he had a ton of wives and things like that, it doesn't have anything to do with my salvation and nothing to do with me. Joseph will answer to god for the same laws that we will, and its better to just focus us in the things are really important to us, like the fact that we can be sealed together in the temples or that we have the Book of Mormon or our own salvation. 

I'm headed to a new area, and will see you all this next Tuesday the 20th of October. I will send a lot of pictures. Tell the bishop thanks for the money. And its your house, so sell it if you want too. Thanks for everything. 
 
Love you all! 
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment