Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Birthday Cake and Hermana Rosa -- Email from 20 July 2015



This week was really good. I now am twenty and I am stuffed – like I am getting fat in this area. The area is really awesome and I love the members.

With Elder Hansen before he went home.
We went to the temple Wednesday and had a really good experience. It was really spiritual. And then my birthday was so good.  I got all of your cards and the members from our area gave me a great lunch and then a lot of cake.  Different members from this area gave me four cakes.  Then in the night a member from my old area, the family Abaca, called our phone. They drove that big rainbow cake an hour to give it to me on my birthday.  But that was really good and then after that we went and ate a ton of cake. We have an investigator called Fernanda that is getting married the 27th. WE ARE MARRYING THEM so she can get baptized. So next Tuesday I will send pictures.

But the highlight of my week was Sunday when I was pulled out of the third hour because we had a visitor. To my amazement Hermana Rosa from my old area brought me a cake.  She is a recent convert of my old area that is like 65, and we became good friends. She is really poor, but bought me a huge cake from a store and then rode an hour and a half in a city bus to bring it to me for surprise. She said to me "I will never forget you and you better not forget about me!" I returned to priesthood and cried a lot in the back row haha,  Which is something that I have never done in my mission. I used to feel a little bad about not baptizing that many people in my other area, but now i can realize that the work I did was important to help those people keep progressing and that It was the plan that heavenly father had for me. I’m so grateful that I was used to help change people’s life for the better. What a great week.  See you all next Tuesday.  

Love you all.
Elder Jensen














No comments:

Post a Comment